Disadvantages of Billboard/Outdoor advertising (in 100 words).
Billboard/outdoor advertising reach out to its audience as part of the environment. Let’s take a look at the cons of the medium:
1. External conditions affect the visibility (e.g. Traffic jam, fog)
2. Prime locations are controlled by big players for months, years
3. Drivers who see the hoarding several times over months become blind to it
4. Limited scope for message (e.g. no space for detailed text, phone number, location map)
5. Anti environmental if the advertiser has to chop off trees for visibility
6. Hazardous during hurricane or strong wind, can cause damage to life and property