1. Sports Authority
2. Rolex for Wimbledon. A classic advert for a classic tournament.
3. Press ad for Wimbledon magazine
4. Roger Federer in Nike Ad
5. Roger Federer Equation in Nike Ad. Watch how Roger Federer is mathematically equal to or greater than Pete Sampras
6. HSBC Grass as medium promotion in Wimbledon. More on HSBC using Wimbledon using Grass As Its Medium.
7. BBC Sport in this advert is promoting its coverage of Wimbledon tennis tournament featuring past and present tennis stars like Billie-Jean King, Bjorn Borg, John McEnroe, Martina Navratilova and current champion, Roger Federer and more.
8. BBC Sport Wimbledon Promo: The toughest game of all (Video advert)
9. BBC Sport Wimbledon promo: Comes to Life. The song is “A beautiful morning” by Rascals
9. KitKat ad is celebrating epic Wimbledon
10. Nike ad featuring tennis star Maria Sharapova. Nike in its women focused website www.nike.com/nikewomen is asking What does your workout add up to? The print ad series was run on magazines like in Cosmopolitan, Fitness, Allure, Lucky, , InStyle, Glamour, Marie Claire and Shape.
11. Italian Tennis Tournament
12. Jimmy Connors promoting men’s line. Not sure about the product
13.Rolex ad featuring Ana Ivanovic
14. Ana Ivanovic in Yonex ad
15. Vintage cigarette advertisement with a tennis theme Link
16. Chris Evert in Polo Club Boca Raton 1988 ad
17. Anna Kournikova featured in K-Swiss ad
18. Lacoste futuristic tennis advertisement looks at how the game will be played in 2083. The ad spot was released to celebrate brand’s 75th anniversary.
19. Lacoste TV commercial on the same theme, let’s reinvent the game
20. Rogere Federer in Wilson K Factor ad for US Open
Serena Williams in Wilson K Factor ad for US Open
21. Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras in Nike’s ad – NYC Street Tennis
22. Roger Federer featured in NetJets advertisement
23. Rolex advertising with Roger Federer
24. Another Roger Federer advertising for Nescafe Gold. For Nescafe this is a shift from silver screen hero to real life sports hero. The brand has roped in the tennis superstar by replacing George Clooney. Source
25. Maria Sharapova new face for Cole Haan. The advertising campaign is called “The Inspired Life”
26. French Open advertisement
27. Rafael Nadal endorsing luxury watch brand Richard Mille
28. Rafael Nadal ad for Lanvin fragrance Paris
29. Fernando Verdasco ads for Calvin Klein. This guy is much like Maria Sharapova. He has not achieved the greatest of heights in tennis but has been able to establish himself as the pin up boy of the sport.
31. Vintage Lipton Iced Tea Mix ad featuring Chris Evert Lloyd (1985)
32. Funny tennis commercial from Hetnet. The ad is in Dutch, referee got annoyed during women’s tennis match due to their loud moaning.
33. Super amazing tennis commercial featuring Andrey Agassi, Steffi Graf and their kid. The ad is super amazing, alright, but I wonder, the poor kind, mountain of expectation that he will have to carry to prove himself. Oh…forgot to tell you, it’s a commercial from Genworth Financial, as they call it, it’s built on GE heritage.
34. Sony Cybershot TV commercial featuring Ana Ivanovic and Daniella Hantuchova. Nothing much to celebrate in this ad except the fact that it beautifully goes larger than life. Less tennis, more hollywood studio production, this ad
35. Super sexy tennis advert. (Caution: Visually not much but audio wise its not safe for work, get your earphone or mute it.)
In news for all the wrong reasons, Kim Kardashian has again bared it all on the cover of a fashion magazine called W. Call it cognitive dissonance or whatever, the lady regretted about posing nude on the cover of Playboy magazine in 1997 and now this. She also has posed fully nude in Harper Magazine’s April issue and herself confirmed to the media that the pictures are not retouched.
What she meant probably, the flesh is all real. May be to prove her point, she also released a series of private photos of her on Twitter.
Nothing new in this, celebrities do it pretty often. Let’s take a quick look at 5 celebs who went ahead with full nude pictures of theirs, either to showcase a great cause or for just plain vanilla for-profit advertising.
Two things I am not counting here:
A. PETA ads (I find it a bit boring these days) and
B. Other eminent personalities posing naked for magazines.
1. Helena Christensen nude for Reebok sneakers
Danish model Helena Christensen has posed in nude for Reebok sneakers commercial. Awesomely in shape, the 41 year old model could be an inspiration for many. It’s amazing to see a model even after working for five decades and after becoming a mother of a child could so beautifully can keep her in shape. I wonder, if this could be the reason she didn’t hesitate to show off her perfect body to the word. And oh, yes, it matched perfectly to the brand’s image she was advertising as well, after all, she was highlighting a product which is supposed to be the ideal choice for people with busy lifestyle and tight schedule.
2. Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Hilary Swank, Selma Blair, Dita Von Teese, Rufus Wainwright, Julianne Moore naked for Marc Jacobs’ Skin Cancer awareness promotion
Some of them like Hilary Swank or Winona Rider have never shed it all on screen, but for a cause like supporting Skin Cancer and creating awareness, they were game. These celebs took all off for an ad campaign and Marc Jacobs’ T shirts. The T shirts carried slogans like “Protect Your Largest Organ” and “Save Your Ass.”
3. Kathryn Budig nude for a cotton brand, Toesox
Kathryn Budig is a celebrated Yoga teacher from Los Angeles. Yoga helps your sex drive, yoga teacher helps sell cotton socks. The ad is targeted to housewives it seems, not sure how ‘sex sells’ concept would work there. You will never find an ad showcasing nudity when targeted towards mature women unless it’s too targeted like breast cancer.
4. Milind Soman & Madhu Sapre nude for Tuff shoes wearing only a python
Milind Soman and Madhu Sapre posed in the nude in this 1995 Tuff shoe advertisement wearing only shoe and a python coiled around them. That created much roar in India then. The publishers and distributors had been charged with two separate cases, obscenity and cruelty against animal.
5. Julianne Moore nude advertisement for Bulgari
Popular Hollywood actress models nude for popular watch and jewelry brand, Bulgari. The ad received its share of flak from none other than the mayor of Venice. He called it – inappropriate. A nice way to get some news coverage.
Everyone’s beloved Old Spice guy Mustafa is replaced. Call this nasty, body wash f****ery, the delectable Old Spice guy, Isaiah Mustafa who already kind of becoming an advertising fairy tale, has been replaced by Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis. Get some raw energy, reality show feeling by watching the new guy, he is not an actor, he is a sportsman. Hope you like him.
I wonder why Isaiah Mustafa was changed by Old Spice management, was he getting bigger than the brand? Or a new dynamic dimension was need of the hour may be.